Cooking On A Budget: Blueberry Muffins

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

Yum
One of the things that I like about going through family recipes is the fond remembrance that speaks to you. I was working full time when my children were small and wanted to make something special for the kids. So I decided I would make some homemade muffins. My mother had always made hers using a Bisquick recipe. Instead, my husband pulled out a recipe he had from his first wife who was deceased. He said that this blueberry muffin recipe was the best he ever had.
My daughter who was around ten or eleven at the time helped me whip these together.  The outcome was a very tasty muffin - moist and flavorful and packed with a lot of berries. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
  • 1/2 cup butter - softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 1/2 cups blueberries
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. table salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • sugar for sprinkling on top
  1. In one bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
  2. In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed cream the softened butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Add in the eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Add the flour mixture and the milk and vanilla - alternating after each addition.
  4. Crush 1/2 cup of blueberries and fold into the batter. Fold in the remaining whole blueberries.
  5. Place paper muffin cups in the muffin pan. Fill about 2/3 of the muffin mix in each cup. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
  6. Test with a toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clean they are done.
  7. Sprinkle the tops with as much or as little sugar as you like while the muffins are still warm.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...