Cooking On A Budget: An Award Has Been Presented

Thursday, January 2, 2014

An Award Has Been Presented

Yum
I was pleasantly surprised when Kim of My Tasty Adventures presented me with a happy new year award. It showed me that the effort and hard work that I have put into my blog to improve the content, making sure recipes are written out properly and working on the quality of the photographs was recognized. Someone else who was a blogger and noticed that my followers were less than 300 decided they would give me an opportunity to expand my base of visitors. That was a blessing for 2014. So to Kim I want to say Thank You! Be sure to check out her blog My Tasty Adventures for some really great recipes.
There is also a sister site (Great Recipes On A Budget) that I have failed miserably at keeping up with the latter part of this year. A goal of mine is to improve on getting the recipes over to that site as well as keep up with my Facebook page, "Cooking On A Budget".


The LIEBSTER AWARD is recognition for new bloggers or those of us who have been blogging for a while but still have less than 300 followers. Through this award we connect with other blogs, promoting each other to expand our audience. I am sending this to you and in some cases wasn't too sure of your "followers" numbers but this will help drive some new traffic your way.
So if you are receiving this from me, here is what you do to receive your award:

  1. Present the award to at least 5 other bloggers with less than 300 followers.
  2. Include the award in your post.
  3. Thank the blogger that awarded you on your blog and link them in your post.
  4. Answer the questions asked by the blogger that nominated you.
  5. Create 10 question that you want to ask your nominees that will allow their readers to get to know them better.
  6. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are the questions that were asked by Tasty Adventures and my answers.


  1. Do you make New Year’s resolutions and if yes do you stick with them? No. This year I am setting small goals for myself.
  2. What was your inspiration in creating the blog? My personal medical situation which kept me out of the job market and the need to keep my mind active was the catalyst. That and the love of cooking and writing and being in the situation of having to budget in my own life.
  3. Chocolate or vanilla? Definitely chocolate.
  4. Do you make grocery shopping list? Even for three items; at my age you tend to forget things.
  5. Choose one word that would best describe you? Personable.
  6. Food that you would NEVER be able to give up? Butter, despite having had a heart attack.
  7. What do you like to do in your free time? Watch television, read, be with friends.
  8. Your favorite celebrity chef? I have many but tops on the list is Gordon Ramsey.
  9. Food that you always have in your pantry? I always have mayonnaise and butter among a host of others.
  10. One thing you cannot live without? My kitchen in general.
Now here are my ten questions for you.
  1. When did you start your blog?
  2. Do you post daily, weekly?
  3. What is the best part about your blog?
  4. Name two other blogs you visit frequently.
  5. Do you menu plan for the week?
  6. Who is your favorite celebrity chef?
  7. If you had unlimited funds to purchase a kitchen related item what would it be?
  8. What are your favorite spices to cook with?
  9. What style of cuisine is represented on your blog?
  10. What is your favorite food? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...