Cooking On A Budget: Liebster Award 2014

Monday, March 10, 2014

Liebster Award 2014

Yum

The Liebster AWARD is recognition for new bloggers or those of us who have been blogging for a while but still have less than 300 followers. Through this award we connect with other blogs, promoting each other to expand our audience. I am sending this to you and in some cases wasn't too sure of your "followers" numbers but this will help drive some new traffic your way and allow us to get to know one another better.
So if you are receiving this from me, here is what you do to receive your award:

  1. Present the award to at least 5 other bloggers with less than 300 followers.
  2. Include the award in your post.
  3. Thank the blogger that awarded you on your blog and link them in your post.
  4. Answer the questions asked by the blogger that nominated you.
  5. Create 11 question that you want to ask your nominees that will allow their readers to get to know them better.
  6. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
I want to thank Brandi of Aunt Bee's Recipes for this nomination. This is my second time up at bat for this award. I only have 58 followers. So if you don't want to see another of these posts, could you PLEASE hit the follow button and follow me? It would help (as I say this chuckling.)


My Questions from Brandi:
 1. Why did you start blogging? After two years of medical issues which rendered me incapable of working outside of the home at the assisted living facility I was cooking at, I decided that I would start a blog, a food blog. It was a way to preserve my family recipes for my children and give me something to do with food and writing, both of which I love. My concept became Cooking On A Budget so that I could present people with a way to save money on their grocery bill with good food that didn't have to come from a box or a can. I also needed to re-train my brain and gain mental strength after many and some lengthy anesthesia's.
 2. What are three kitchen utensils you can not live without? Knives, pots, food processor.
 3. Where do you see your blog in 5 years? Hopefully the daily page views will be around 1,000 or more per day and I have people asking me how to help them with their food budget.
 4. What are 3 things you can't live without? Clean water, heat and air conditioning.
 5. What is your favorite TV Show? The Newsroom. But I have many.
 6. What is your favorite blog post? I think because of how incredibly good it tastes, how inexpensive it is to make and for it's popularity on my blog it would have to be a recent post. Panko Crusted Chicken Cutlets.

 7. Other than blogging, what do you enjoy doing with your time? Spending time with any of my three kids that are all grown and out of the nest is number one, spending time with my sister and her family second. Other than that I like to watch TV, read occasionally and go to flea markets, farmers markets and antiquing.
 8. If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would it be? Italy intrigues me because of its culture and simplistic cuisine.
 9. If you could meet any chef, who would it be and why? Oh there are so many. Believe it or not I think it would be Emeril Lagasse. I would want to meet him in person and thank him for inspiring home cooks to eat well, cook well and live well. He sparked a whole nation when with his quirky personality coupled with his down to earth way of speaking got us EXCITED about food.
10. What is your favorite and least favorite food? The least favorite might be something I have never tried before but I think for what I have tried, canned dark tuna  - yuck. Favorite? There's so many. I love succulent, tender properly grilled steak.
11. What is your favorite restaurant? We dine out so little but a local favorite is the Otter Cove Restaurant.


I am nominating some of my blogger friends for the Liebster Award! Some of them may have many followers or subscribers but these people have been so helpful to me and always share my recipes on their pages, so it is time to give back to them. Please go check out their blogs and leave a comment.
Michael, The Social Chef: http://www.michaelvanhorn.com who helped me out a great deal recently and I am honored to call him "friend".
Frank, is always there to light up a joke, or fire up a dish: http://middleclasskitchen.blogspot.com
Susan is one of the nicest blogger's I know. http://susantskitchen.wordpress.com
Didi is special. She's got a great sense of humor and a good pallet - she shares my dishes all the time. http://www.dishinwithdidi.com
And last but not least the McCallum Family who have a wonderful page on Facebook and are quick to grab my recipes and share them.
http://mccallumsshamrockpatch.wordpress.com

So sorry I did not do this yesterday when I posted this. My questions to you are:
1. Do you blog professionally or for a hobby?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. What is your favorite small kitchen appliance?
4. Do you prefer cooking with gas or electric and why?
5. If you had the chance to travel based solely on the cuisine, where would you go?
6. What professional chef do you admire most?
7. If you could have your own TV cooking show what would you name it?
8. What is your culinary point of view?
9. What are your three favorite vegetables?
10. What are your least favorite vegetables?
11. What could you not live without in your life?  

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...