Cooking On A Budget: Food and All That Jazz

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Food and All That Jazz

Yum

I so enjoyed my evening last night. My son and his fiancee came for the weekend and a friend and fellow co-worker from my days at Cable Prep was here as well in Connecticut. The phone rang in the afternoon  and it was my friend Eric asking if I would like to join him for a drink. Part of my family was here so I simply asked him if he wanted to join us for dinner and hang out with all of us. I was happy when he said he would.

After talking with my husband about our extra dinner guest and chatting about Eric's talent on the trumpet, I called him back and asked if he would mind bringing the trumpet to play for us. I think he was delighted to be asked (and I know he doesn't leave home without it) and of course he agreed.





Our dinner consisted of London broil marinated in my London Marinade, grilled chicken thighs with my Apricot Basting Sauce and a saute of yellow summer squash with onions and garlic and simply seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

A few cocktails, lots of laughs and some tears were shed during Eric's visit. We had a simple but tasty dinner and great jazz music afterward made this night with family and our friend extra special.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...