Roasted Butternut Squash and Baby Potatoes


This recipe seems like a holiday recipe, however I think you can make this for any night of the week. I've decided to have it as a side dish with our Easter Ham.
I have found in my local grocery store, prepackaged baby potatoes. The 28 ounce bag contains a mix of baby Yukon Gold, Red and Peruvian Purple potatoes. It is the perfect amount for a family of four to six. However, the price is a bit steep so what I found at another store was a sale on small baby red and Yukon gold potatoes so that's what I will use in place of the mixed bag of baby potatoes. Also I took help from my local grocery store and purchased a pre-cut package of butternut squash.

  • 1 28 oz. bag mixed baby potatoes - cut in half or quarters depending on the size
  • 1 package of Butternut Squash – pre-cut approximately 1 # (Cut any larger pieces so they cook nicely with the baby potatoes.)
  • 3 or 4 sprigs fresh Rosemary – leaves removed and finely chopped
  • 1 tsp. granulated garlic
  • ½ tsp. onion powder
  • Salt and Black Pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp. Olive Oil

  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Cut baby potatoes and butternut squash so that you get approximately the same sized chunks.
  3. In a bowl mix the butternut squash, baby potatoes, and spices and olive oil. Toss well and turn out onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
  4. Roast for approximately 40-45 minutes until the vegetables are browned and fork tender.
  5. Serve as a side dish for any meal. Recipe serves 6 to 8 people.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts