The BEST Pumpkin Pie Filling


Back in the day when I had my little food to go restaurant a woman came through the doors to check out my establishment and to see what I offered. After looking around we conversed for quite some time as we hit it off instantly. She owned her own tea room at one time and dabbled in other business ventures and was a school graduated culinary chef. When it was holiday time and I wanted to take orders for pumpkin and apple pies she gladly came on board to help out. This is her recipe that she found and tweaked to perfection. We got loads of compliments on those pies that year, especially the Pumpkin Pie.

Although I blogged it way, way, way back when I've decided to make another pie and take some new photos as the one I took with my flip phone was horrendous.


This truly is the tastiest pumpkin pie filling I've ever had and my family is hooked on this. Truth be known if it weren't for the raw egg thing I could drink this stuff before it gets cooked! It's that good. Seriously good. Please forgive that the crust is not perfectly crimped and even. I know the crust is delicious though and the filling is the best ever.


Pumpkin Pie Filling:
  • 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
  • 3 eggs beaten
  • 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp. nutmeg
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ¾ cup light brown sugar
  • 1 cup half and half
  • ¼ cup heavy cream
  1. In a small bowl beat your eggs.
  2. In a larger bowl add in the pumpkin puree, the beaten eggs and the rest of the ingredients. Mix on medium speed until fully incorporated.
  3. Make your pie shell and fill the pie.
  4. Bake in a preheated 350°. This could take an hour or longer until the filling slightly rises and is firm in the middle. 
For my perfect pie crust recipe just follow the link.

Comments

  1. do you ever partially blind bake the crust? or doe the filling go straight in the uncooked crust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't blogged in ages, hence the late reply. I don't blind bake, but I don't see the harm in it.

      Delete
  2. Just made it for “Marchgiving” and everyone agreed it was the best pumpkin pie ever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts