Baked Tortellini, Sausage and Mozzarella

What do you make with spaghetti sauce, 3 Italian sausage links and mozzarella in your refrigerator? That was my question so I came up with Baked Tortellini with Sausage and Mozzarella for a quick put together supper.
The entire meal cost under $10.00 and I made it like you would Lasagna but replaced the Lasagna noodles with tortellini.
The tortellini were par cooked about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way according to the manufacturer's directions and layered in a casserole dish. I also precooked the sausage links about 2/3 of the way then sliced them when they were cool enough to handle.
Into an oven proof casserole, I layered: sauce, tortellini, sausage, sauce, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sauce, tortellini....you get the picture.
Baked covered in a 350 degree oven for about 1 1/4 hours until the cheese was all melted and brown on top.


Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts