Artichoke and Spinach Dip Video

I found this video that explains the recipe for making artichoke and spinach dip. The only problem is that he doesn't give exact measurements; the sour cream for example. I like chopping the artichoke hearts as you don't end up with clunky hunks of the artichoke. To me it would be near impossible to get a proper scoop on whatever you are serving along side to dive in and dip. Second is that by chopping the artichoke hearts you get a greater yield. Just saying my opinions.

The recipe I have here on my blog is an artichoke dip that is served with pita chips on the side. When I first started this blog, I posted recipes from my personal collection so here are those two recipes. There are no photographs to go along with this, but trust me they are good.

Artichoke Dip
2 cans artichoke hearts - drained and finely chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. granulated garlic
Salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a spoon.  Put the mixture in a casserole dish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the top is a light golden brown and the mixture is bubbling.  Serve with your favorite cracker, bread sticks, vegetables or pita chips (recipe for pita chips follows).

Baked Pita Chips
1 pkg. pita chips
1 stick of butter - melted
1 1/2 tbsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. fresh garlic - finely minced (or use jar garlic)
1 1/2 tsp. dried basil

Blend the melted butter, garlic, granulated garlic and basil together.  Slice pita bread down the middle.  Cut into triangles. Spread the butter mixture on the chips and place them on a sheet pan and bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.


Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts