Barbecue Chicken Nacho



Sometimes I pride myself for the fact that I can take a left over and what's available in my refrigerator and make a delicious makeover meal; well more than sometimes, actually a lot.
Before it goes by the wayside, the barbecue chicken we have needs a face lift and this is what I came up with, Barbecue Chicken Nacho with extra barbecue sauce, melted cheeses, fresh iceberg lettuce and some chopped tomatoes and a few jalapeno peppers just for kicks. Oh, and if so inclined maybe a little dollop of sour cream could get added on top.
I still have some of the spice rub and barbecue sauce from when I originally made Grilled Chicken - A New Method. The only thing I need is one or two tomatoes.
You'll be able to do this if you have some left over chicken you have grilled - either with or without barbecue sauce. Use my barbecue sauce recipe if you want or purchase your favorite at the store.
This is an economical and easy recipe to make left over chicken into a wonderful make over meal.

  • barbecue chicken - cut into chunks or shredded
  • tortilla wraps
  • 1/3 or 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (depends on the amount of chicken)
  • blend of shredded cheeses - Mexican blend
  • barbecue chicken rub
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • iceberg lettuce
  • 1 or 2 large tomatoes
  • some chopped jalapeno peppers - fresh or the kind from the jar.
  1. Take your chicken out of the refrigerator to get close to room temperature. Then prep the chicken - cut into chunks or shred - you decide. Place in a bowl.
  2. Take just a little bit of barbecue sauce, about 1/4 or 1/3 cup and add to the chicken. You only want just enough to coat the chicken.
  3. Place the chicken in a skillet and over medium low heat, heat the chicken. Try not to cook too long. You just want to warm it up. Remove from heat and put a lid on the pan.
  4. Heat up the oil in another skillet over moderately high heat to about 350° F.
  5. Place the tortilla in the oil and fry each side to a golden brown color. Remove and drain on paper towels. When they come out of the oil sprinkle the rub onto the crispy tortilla.
  6. Cut the tomatoes any size you want. Also chop some iceberg lettuce as well. Chop the jalapenos
  7. After the tortillas are "fried", add some chicken to each one and the jalapenos then sprinkle on the cheese.
  8. Bake in a 375° oven just until the cheese melts.
  9. Pull them out of the oven, plate the tortilla with the chopped lettuce and tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream if you want it.









Comments

  1. Did all that talk of nachos by my kids inspire you? This looks and sounds totally divine. It tick all the boxes for me (and mine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could have been in my subconscious; and I spotted a new cookbook that is out called Everything Nachos and in my blog news feed there was an article about nachos. My brain just went into Nacho mode.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts