Homemade Garlic Basil Mayonnaise

When I open my news page for my blog there are web sites I follow and over my morning coffee I read the articles or visit my favorite food bloggers. It just so happens I spotted an article about a restaurant that was serving garlic basil mayonnaise on their sandwiches. Wow, now why haven't I thought of that before? My mind immediately went to a fresh garden tomato sandwich on toasted bread with garlic, basil mayo.
A while later I went searching for a fill in video and could not believe my eyes when I spotted a video on how to make this home made mayonnaise.
I already had plans on how I would do it and happy to say I would have nailed it. The only thing is that I absolutely believe you can do this in a food processor. Despite the fact that I own an immersion blender I will still probably make it in a food processor. I make my Ceasar dressing in the processor and it works fine and it is after all, the same principle. You're simply emulsifying egg and an oil mixture so really you could either.




Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts