Caprese Salad



What salad can be more simple and so satisfying and delicious than caprese salad. This is my version done with cherry tomatoes as they are in abundance in the garden as is the fresh basil.

  • 1/2 lb. cherry tomatoes - halved
  • 4 basil leaves - torn apart
  • 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese - cut in any shape
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • drizzle of olive oil (extra virgin or regular)
There is no salt in the recipe as the mozzarella is salty enough. I only had regular olive oil to use and it still tastes wonderful. The only cost I incurred was the mozzarella. It was an 8 ounce hunk on sale for $3.99. The brand I bought was a whole milk mozzarella and the company name was Dragone and it was in the dairy section of my grocery store.

This is just a wonderful salad to make with all of your garden tomatoes. The kids will love it also.



Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts