Best Method for Freezing Stock

Just a short time ago I posted how to make demi glace as I was trying to re-create a dinner we had at a restaurant. Because it is a food of love which takes time I made it again but tripled the amount I made the first time. It freezes quite nicely.

Making stock from scratch can take a long time so when you do make it, be sure to make a lot. Whether it is a seafood, chicken, beef or vegetable stock they all freeze well. The nice thing is you don't have large containers, but neat little discs stacked in freezer bags which takes up less room in the freezer. Pop out as many frozen discs as you think you will need for the dish you are making. They last in the freezer for up to 6 months or longer if you get the air out of the bags before sealing.

Ladle the demi glace in muffin tins (I also use this method when I make shrimp stock. See a photo of the discs and the recipe for making shrimp stock in my recipe, Garlic Shrimp with Fettuccine.)






Ladle in the demi glace and pop in the freezer.




Pop the discs out of the tray with a kitchen knife.

 
 Place in zip lock bags.


I already dipped into my stack as I was having beef for a dinner and wanted to make a sauce to go along with it. Love the convenience of having discs of stock at the ready to spruce up any of my meals.



Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts