Food Budget Plan Under Sixty Nine Dollars

After the first ever post I did for a weekly meal plan that included a shopping list with approximate costs, I failed to add the recipe links. Anything you see underlined will link you to my recipes right here on this blog. It is my hope that it simplifies your life.

Print the recipes out and save in a booklet. You may want to print out this actual menu plan post along with the first two I did and save that as well. Then when I have posted enough of them, you will be able to revert back to them time and time again.

Basically I look at 6 days worth of dinners and shopping all over on the 7th day. This particular menu plan is based on feeding 2 adults and 2 children.
This meal plan is different from the first one in that it provides 7 complete dinner ideas to take you from Sunday to Saturday with full meals.

The pricing is based on my local grocery store. You may spend less or more depending on where you shop and I urge you to use your coupons where applicable and take advantage of the store's discounts for the week. Feel free to adapt this basic plan to suit your family. This post is really to give you a solid base for menu planning. I have made all of the dinners listed here and have provided my cost for each dinner.
    The highlights to this budget meal plan:
    1. Make a large enough batch of red sauce to be used in two dinners.
    2. Our store offered 2 for $3.00 on the melons.
    3. Buy chicken cutlets for the chicken shepherds pie - only the amount you need or buy one huge breast if it's the least expensive of the two.
    4. The egg salad cost was based on using 8 eggs.
    5. The corn bread was a Jiffy mix.
    6. The bag of mixed salad only cost us .99¢, but I think I figured the salad at a higher cost.
    7. Our "Franks" were on sale for $2.99 per package.
    8. Potatoes are used in two meals.
    Now onto the major components needed in the dishes:
    • Pork chops - bone in or boneless
    • Cube steaks - package of four
    • 1 lb. or slightly under Italian sausage
    • Hot Dogs (Franks)
    • 1 - 5 lb. bag potatoes
    • 1-2 large onions
    • Broccoli
    • bag of salad mix
    • 1 small - medium size bell pepper
    • Fresh Cantaloupe Melon(s)
    • Frozen Corn
    • Frozen Peas
    • Frozen chopped spinach - 10 oz.
    • Corn Bread Mix
    • 1 can baked beans
    • 1 can chicken broth
    • 1 can beef broth
    • Pasta sauce from scratch: 1 large can crushed tomatoes and 1 large can tomato puree
    • 1/2 lb. or less American Cheese
    • 2 dozen eggs
    • 1 lb. butter
    • 8 oz. container ricotta cheese
    • shredded mozzarella cheese
    • cream cheese
    • Half and half cream or heavy cream
    • Sherry - you only need 1/2 cup but hopefully you picked it up and have it from a previous meal plan.
    • Pasta - jumbo shells and spaghetti (or what ever other pasta you have on hand for the pork chop dinner)
    The total for making all of these dinners came out to: $68.83. That leaves $31.17 for other products such as cereal, extra bread, taxable grocery items. I know that number is still tight for those who are trying to shop with only $100.00 per week. All I can say is use this menu plan as a gauge and hopefully if you swap out one of the dinner choices here with something else, or if you happen to have left-overs make one night using up the left-overs, you still can feed your family well.

    I've tried to be as accurate as possible, but if I left out a major component, please forgive me!



    Comments

    Popular Posts

    Popular Posts