Roasted Pork Loin Dinner


Roasted Pork Loin Dinner ~ using my rotisserie oven was such a great choice as the meat turns out succulent and tender!


For me, Sunday dinners all throughout childhood was the "special" dinner for the week. It was the day that my mother roasted a turkey, a pork roast or did up a beautifully roasted beef. The relatives who lived in the city traveled out to the country where we lived to join us in the weekly feast.

I carried on that tradition of making a large dinner on Sundays while my kids were all still here and from when they were very young up until they branched out on their own. My husband and I still make the Sunday dinner a larger feast as if we were still cooking for more than just the two of us. It's a habit that I don't mind not breaking.

This past Sunday I made a roasted pork loin dinner using our Showtime Rotisserie Oven. The turning action of the rotisserie allows for the juices to keep distributing throughout the roasting process leaving you a roast with a nice crust and juicy and tender meat.

The size of this roast was a little over 2 1/2 pounds which was enough to feed 6 nice portions. I made the cauliflower mashed potatoes and carrots as another vegetable and the whole meal came to $18.57, feeding six people for $3.09 each.

I call this the Sunday splurge - the most expensive meal of the week. However it is worth the money and the time to prepare and the time spent as family around the dinner table.
  • 2 1/2 lb. pork loin roast
  • 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
  • salt to taste
  • black pepper to taste
  • granulated garlic to taste
  • dried oregano to taste
  1. Rub the entire roast with the mustard (Use more if you like to cover with a thin layer.)
  2. Season all sides of the roast with the dried seasonings.
  3. Place in the rotisserie and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Or place in a preheated 350° oven and roast for the same amount of time. The internal temperature needs to be at 142 degrees then rest the roast prior to cutting for 10-15 minutes. The final temperature should be 145 degrees.

And look how moist this is!


Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts