Cinnamon Maple Waffles


Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It's the fuel that fires the bodies furnace and the proper way to eat is to have breakfast, lunch and dinner and healthy snacks if anything, in between and I believe nothing after 7 p.m. Well how's that working for me? Not so well. All my life I have never been able to enjoy eating early in the morning which is why I will make a breakfast for dinner. So last night I felt like a pancake or waffle and decided to use the Belgian waffle iron that sits in a cupboard and rarely gets used.

I pulled out waffle mix I have and decided I wanted to spruce them up a bit. One thing I did not have was any fresh fruit for the side and at 5 p.m. was not about to venture out, so I am presenting these delicious waffles sans any garnish or side of fruit (which would be lovely by the way) and dressed up with some pure maple syrup.
  • 2 cups waffle mix
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp. vegetable oil (or canola)
  • 2 tbsp. maple syrup
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • cooking spray (to spray on the waffle iron to aid removal)
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and use a whisk to blend all together. 
  2. Let the batter rest for about 15 minutes.
  3. Heat up your waffle iron.
  4. Pour in as much batter as you can without it slopping over the sides and cook them until the ready light pops back on. Do in batches and keep them warm in a low oven at about 250° until all are ready.
  5. Dress with your favorite maple syrup or confectioner's sugar.


The cinnamon shines through and the maple syrup gives the waffles a slightly sweet taste which we enjoyed immensely. They are very filling and my husband who eats large was maxed out at two. I got four Belgian waffles out of the batch. So this makes for a really economical breakfast for dinner meal and the recipe can be doubled. The cost for everything even if you double the recipe is under six dollars to make and if you get the mix from a job lot store, even less.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts