Pineapple Cocktail

Summer parties aren't complete without a signature cocktail.

Our holiday weekend is pretty low key. My husband and his friend have finally completed the work that was needed on his buddy's lobster/fishing boat. They worked on it for the past six months and just got it in the water for a trial run. Brand new engine and wiring and devices were installed and they re-did all of the fiberglass work as well.



What this translates to me is that my kitchen will be the recipient of some wonderful Black Sea Bass and hopefully some lobsters throughout the summer. For this weekend though I will have to settle for some sword fish I picked up in the seafood department of our local grocery store. And for refreshment on this hot day, this Pineapple Cocktail.

It's so easy to make and this makes three good sized cocktails. The cocktail is similar to a smoothie - but it's better - a little boozy better if you know what I mean. The orange juice helped keep this not overly sweet. Make a pitcher sans the rum for the kids and everyone at your picnic will be happy.
  • 4 cups pineapple chunks
  • 1/2 cup ice
  • 1/2 cup rum
  • 1/3 cup orange juice (no pulp)
  1. Place all of the ingredients in the pitcher of your blender and whiz until nice and smooth.
  2. Serve with a garnish of pineapple if you so choose.


 Pineapple is available year round but I think this fruit absolutely screams summer!





For another fun Summertime Cocktail try this:



Summertime Rum Punch Cocktail


THERE IS A NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION SIGN UP AT THE TOP OF THE BLOG ON THE RIGHT - I would love it if you would sign up for this. As of now I am doing them a couple times a month and will start to cover a variety of posts and information.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts