Chocolate, Strawberry Puff Pastry Shortcakes



Chocolate Strawberry Puff Pastry Shortcakes ~ an economical show stopping dessert for all your holiday entertaining!


I've been watching a lot of holiday movies these past few weeks and am intrigued with the movies story lines. They are all about the importance of family, a time of healing and a time of togetherness. When I reflect upon the holidays and traditions in my own life, at the core of those holidays was family. I am looking forward to the holidays - spending time with family and friends and sharing some delicious food.

As much as I enjoyed the holiday season as a child, I think as I got older the holidays began to be so much more to me. It became less about what was under the tree and more about who was there to appreciate the tree. It became less about what I would get and more about what I could give. Teaching our children the value of better to give than to receive and to try and make someone else's holiday a bit brighter as well has always been in the forefront. And it became more about being thankful about so many things. The holiday season is a very special time of year and I always want the magic to last.

When the main meal is done, our family always has an array of goodies to choose from. One of my favorite holiday food items I make sure I have on hand is Pepperidge Farms® Puff Pastry Sheets. I got to thinking about a dessert that I want to include this year and I came up with this easy and simple recipe for Chocolate, Strawberry Puff Pastry Shortcakes. Chocolate and strawberries pair so well together and the idea of making a shortcake style dessert seemed like the perfect addition to our holiday sweet treats and I think you are going to want to add this to your holiday menus as well.


First, you start with a box of your favorite pudding mix which only requires 2 ingredients: the mix and milk. Make it according to the box directions, place it in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it cool down for a while then chill in the refrigerator.



Next, hull and cut your strawberries in half. Place them in a bowl and chill in the refrigerator.



Then, thaw the sheets of Puff Pastry according to the box directions. Using the two vertical lines in the pastry as a guide, and measuring horizontal lines, cut out 6 squares. Do this for both sheets. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use an egg wash over the whole surface.


Bake per the instructions on the box.


Assembly: Split each one in half. Layer on pudding, strawberries, pastry, pudding, strawberries, then a final layer of pastry with fresh whipped cream.



I have been using Puff Pastry Sheets for years and years; at my food to go restaurant, at the assisted living facility where I was a chef and in my own home. They have provided my customers, the folks I cooked for and my own family and friends with a variety of treats! For more inspiration for recipe creations using Pepperidge Farms® Puff Pastry Sheets, please visit their page.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts