Hang Over Eggs



It is not often that I party and drink in my older years. Happens about once a year that I seem to let off some steam and go perhaps a bit overboard. Today I needed a cure-all, fix-me-up breakfast and this is what I came up with and am claiming the dish to be named Hang Over Eggs. Psst...the link is for the sauce which is needed in this dish. In fact it is the last post I did on the blog.

Requirements:
 This egg breakfast is a take on eggs Benedict. Sausage replaces Canadian Bacon and the pumpkin sage cream sauce replaces Hollandaise. The recipe is for one but obviously you can ramp up on the sausage patties and the eggs. I used only the bottom of the muffin, use the top half if you are making more than one egg.

  • English muffin
  • 1 egg
  • 1 sausage pattie
  1. Toast the muffins.
  2. In a skillet over medium heat, fry the sausage patties.
  3. In a non-stick skillet fry the egg or poach them in water with some white vinegar.
  4. Warm the sauce up a touch and then assemble your hang over eggs.


I added a little bit of fresh herb on top just to give some color. You do not need to garnish unless you want to.

And look how delicious these are. You can see how the egg yolk and sauce blend together when you cut into it. Your taste buds will dance a happy dance as they explore the flavors of this dish.



Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts