- Examine your weekly grocery store flier, circle all of the items on special that you currently use (meats, produce, paper goods, etc.)
- Take a look at your existing pantry, refrigerator and freezer items.
- Begin a weekly dinner menu ideas sheet. Take into consideration that when you start this you will want to use up what you currently have "in stock". Then utilize the grocery store flier for products you will need to round out the meals.
- Plan for five days and one day for a left-over night (if you have left-overs).
- Day seven should be a grocery shopping day and a new menu plan begins.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Menu planning is the key to COOKING ON A BUDGET.