Here is my count down for best movie scenes involving food:
- When Harry Met Sally - an orgasmic ham and cheese sandwich.
- Big - a tiny ear of corn and caviar at the buffet.
- Gone With The Wind - as God is my witness I'll never eat a carrot (go hungry) again.
- Annie Hall - coaxing a Lobster to come out behind the refrigerator using drawn butter.
- Easy Rider - tuna salad sandwich (or was it chicken salad?)
- The Goodbye Girl - spaghetti marinara and a little "Vino".
- Sleepless in Seattle - Tiramisu - what's Tiramisu and is she going to want me to do that to her?
- Yours, Mine and Ours - mashed potato fling.
- True Grit - a little flour and grease - dumplings.
- The Big Chill - apple pie and I want to have a baby.
This proves to me that it does not matter whether you cook Filet Mignon with truffle butter or hot dogs and beans, that you too can make food memories with family and friends. So, no matter how you slice it, roast it or baste it make a Hollywood moment in your own home. You may not capture it in a picture or on film but rest assure that the brain will find room for that food memory and an instant snapshot created for life.