What Lies Ahead

Winter is slowly coming to an end. For some not soon enough. Not wishing my life to keep zipping by, I will be content with Winter while looking forward to Spring when my husband will begin formulating what will be planted in his garden. We are now out of the tomatoes that we cooked down for red sauces and the chunks of tomatoes we canned that were used in many of the Fall and Winter dinners I prepared.  Tomatoes are the largest crop he plants along with herbs for "me", summer squash and cucumbers for sure.  Last year he planted eggplant as well as peppers which yielded more than in previous years.

By reading cookbooks, watching cooking shows on TV and researching ingredients I aspire to become an even better cook. It is my hope that with fresh herbs readily available from our garden that I will be able to create a plethora of new recipes. I am hoping to hone some skills in the layering of flavors and sauce techniques. Overall I feel as if I have been given a gift in knowing what spices or herbs would do well in recipes. To that end, there should be some great food coming out of my kitchen!

I love sharing the recipes on my food site and I am hoping that you are enjoying using the recipes to cook with. I so appreciate any comments that you post. Posting a comment is the only way I know if you found the recipes easy to follow and if you enjoyed the end result.  If you tweaked it to your liking or if you have a question you can leave a comment. So keep posting comments!

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts