- 1 lb. or more ground beef
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups of your favorite red sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. freshly minced garlic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 box pasta (elbow is traditional) - cooked to manufacturer's directions
In a deep non stick skillet over moderate heat, add in the ground beef. Salt and pepper the beef to taste. As it begins to brown, separate with a wooden spoon and keep stirring until it is cooked. If there is too much fat in the pan, drain it off. To the same pan, add in the onion and the garlic and cook over low heat until the onion becomes translucent. Add in the red sauce and the red pepper flakes. Stir and cook covered for about 15 minutes minimum to allow all of the flavors to blend together. Serve over the cooked pasta with sides of garlic bread and a salad for a complete meal. If you want to kick this dish up heat and flavor-wise, add in pinches of cayenne pepper or more red pepper flakes. If not, leave the red pepper flakes out entirely.