Food Shows and Thoughts

I watch dozens of food shows and I absolutely love Top Chef and Top Chef Masters on Bravo. Naturally, I was excited at the previews for the newest food show,  Bravo TV's Around The World in 80 Plates. Unfortunately for me the first episode was terrible. I did not expect the "Survivor" like booting off your opponent aspect and was appalled at the snarf up your food and drink lots of beer during most of the show.
Another episode to see if it gets better - which hopefully it will and if not, goodbye from this viewer.

On the flip side, I absolutely LOVED the new format on the Food Network's, The Next Food Network Star. It was thoroughly enjoyable to watch and started you right out with a sense of whether the contestants had any knowledge of food and could really cook. The other aspect I enjoyed was having the three mentors (Chef Bobby Flay, Giada DeLaurentis and Alton Brown) giving direction, encouragement right from the get go.
This new format is making the most sense and took us away from what was becoming boring and mundane, year in and year out the same search for a new food TV star. I give it two thumbs up!

And, this gal can't wait for the new seasons of Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares. I adore Chef Gordon Ramsey. Despite his harsh exterior, the guy is just a love, a pussycat but not pushover. His other show Master Chef  sizzles with food passion and excitement. Love them all!

As the case is with all of these shows, some contestants really stand out even though they are not the last chef standing! Their careers and lives have been forever changed through this wonderful media we call television.


Comments

  1. very nice blog am enjoying your recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alan. I appreciate your comments. Glad you are enjoying the recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts