Red, White and Not so Blue Cupcakes

Okay so I'll admit it - I have good ideas but that doesn't mean they all pan out as expected. For instance these cupcakes that I made for Memorial Day. The intention was to go Red, White and Blue cupcakes. And since I don't profess to be a baker (I am a much better cook), the end result was not so stunning.

In an effort to make inexpensive cupcakes with the Red, White and Blue theme, I decided to pick up a white box mix and play with food coloring. The end result was Red, White and not so Blue cupcakes.

I took a white cake mix from a box, added about 24 drops of blue food coloring to the batter. The frosting would be white (a cream cheese frosting) and topped with red berries.

Here's a photo of the end result (my husband ate four of them!)

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts