Summer Is Here!

A chilly and exceptionally cold day for June will in a span of 24 hours will reach the 90 degree mark so we are told by meteorologists here in Connecticut. Good old New England weather - four seasons and so unpredictable at times.
Our garden is doing exceptionally well. It has loved the right ratio of sunshine and rain. Soon I will have at my disposal a bounty of red ripe tomatoes, eggplant, yellow summer and zucchini squash. In addition there will be cucumbers, peppers and green beans along with broccoli and some fresh herbs.
In anticipation of that, I should be able to create some wonderful summer meals and look forward to being super creative. The promise of early autumn for some potatoes as well - keeping our fingers crossed on that one!
Many years ago my mother-in-law gave us some red raspberry plants and they were coming in so nicely. After a fashion, my husband, the gardener of the family decided he no longer wanted them. So he pulled them up and tossed them over the back stone wall. THEY'RE BACK! Despite being thrown into the weeds and other unwanted skinny something trees and poison oak, they survived. Maybe I can harvest some before the birds get more than their fair share.
Until the next creation this week, I hope you find a recipe on site that fits your budget and what you are craving to eat.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts