Skillet Green Beans

Today I wanted a light lunch that had some fiber and in place of another salad I opted to try something with the green beans from our garden.

Instead of boiling them in water and shocking the beans, I placed a couple of handfuls in a small skillet and added in 2/3 cup water. To that I put in a light sprinkle of kosher salt.

Over low heat I cooked the beans and kept stirring until the liquid had evaporated.  This took about 10 minutes or so.

When the liquid was cooked out I added in 1/2 tbsp. of butter and mixed it all up. A good couple of pinches of coarse black pepper and  about a tbsp. of panko bread crumb were the last ingredients that I put in the skillet.  Cooked and stirred the panko until the crumbs achieved a nice golden brown then plated the dish.

The end result was a crispy bean that was not overly crunchy, yet still had a good bite to it. The pepper and the buttery panko gave it a little extra flavor and texture. To brighten up the dish and give it some acidity I would suggest a nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Good for a light lunch or as a side dish for any meal.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts