Stay Tuned

Which vegetables - fresh from our garden will make the grade for Tempura Batter?
Come Back Later To See The Results!

Well the results are in!
Zucchini, Yellow Summer Squash and
Green Beans and Eggplant all Fry Well.
In the kitchen you win some and you loose some. I wanted something different to do with the vegetables so I tried to create a tempura style batter. All the vegetables fried up well however, I made a discovery.  The batter recipe I developed will be much better suited for Fish for Fish and Chips! It was not a light tempura batter and in my mind far too heavy for the vegetables. However, if you like a heavier batter, you could use it.
Tomorrow I will head out to the market and get some fish and test the recipe further to see the results.Then if I like it I will post the batter recipe!



Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts