Creatively Speaking - Chicken Sausage Casserole

Sometimes you have to be inventive in the kitchen - play with food like you once played with Play-Doh as a child.  Try different color combinations until your creation is what you wanted.
To keep coming up with a new dish is sometimes challenging. But I was up for that today because I did not want to fall back on a "go to recipe".
After having looked around at what the refrigerator and pantry had to offer - I just went gun-ho and made the dish up as I went along. When it's done baking later on and I plate it for dinner, I'll await the expression on the face of my number one critic: my husband. He definitely has tell tale signs of whether he likes it or not. And enough said right there!
It could turned out to be a dish that I will consider writing out the recipe or the idea will go into the circular file aka "the fat chance" file. But, despite the outcome I loved the performance. I am blessed to have so many cooking gadgets, tools, appliances and best of all a beautiful Viking gas stove and oven to work with. Cooking is therapeutic and for me, if left alone to my own volition in the kitchen, very relaxing. Today unlike other days there was only one or two interruptions, so all in all a good kitchen day.

This is an edited post so that I could add the photo and the recipe. I named the recipe Chicken Sausage Casserole. What I found in our grocery store was a package of Italian flavored chicken sausage and built the recipe based on the sausage. Admittedly I have never eaten chicken sausage and was surprised at how good it was. The dish did pass the test. I liked it and my husband liked it.
I will post the recipe separately. It will take time for me to write it out. Remember it was a make it up as I go along so I have to try and put down measurements as close as possible to what I did.


Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts