- Warm up the left over ground beef and sauce mixture in a sauce pot.
- Add in some diced green bell pepper and a little more diced onion.
- Add one small can of red kidney beans to the mix.
- Take typical chili spices like chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and any other spices you normally put in your chili and toss those in the pot.
- Mix all together and simmer for a while to allow the flavors to blend.
Sunday, August 26, 2012
From American Goulash Comes Chili
A left over makeover idea:
Earlier in the week we had "American Goulash" - you know that hamburger and spaghetti sauce with hearty pasta meal. Ending up with no pasta but a decent amount of the ground beef mixture led us to this idea: we'll convert this into chili. We did not want a repeat of goulash and knew we had green bell peppers from our garden, so we put together a small pot of chili and made a whole new meal. Here's how we did it: