An apple a day...keeps the doctor away.
 
You could not have asked for a better day for venturing out to the local apple orchard (unless the trees were laden with fall colors) to obtain nice crisp apples. There were so many families with children taking advantage of this gorgeous sunny Sunday to pick out Halloween pumpkins and going into the orchard to pick apples. While there, the kids had an opportunity to take a look and sit on the farm tractors or take a hay ride on the wagon pulled by two stunning chocolate brown Clydesdale horses. Unfortunately my little camera was on its charger so I was not able to get pictures. Hopefully I can go back tomorrow and take some nice shots to add to this post.
We got a nice basket of Empire apples. Empires are wonderfully sweet and crisp apples that are great for an eating apple or for baking purposes. I was amazed at the gorgeous "Indian Corn" the orchard had bundled in threes. The colors were stunning - vibrant blue, brown, orange, yellow, and red. They would look amazing on any door.
Not to mention the colorful Mums! Mother Nature out did herself this year! Absolutely splendid deep fall colors. Those are some of the things I hope to capture some beautiful photographs of.
In the meantime, I have a nice roasted chicken that is resting. My kitchen is filled with a wonderful aroma of Herbs du Provence Chicken and Sweet Potato baking.
Tomorrow I am full tilt in the kitchen - making some chicken soup, something apple, and not to mention a basket of peppers from the tail end of the garden to stuff. The eggplant is still coming! I need to get that prepped and make something good with them. So actually the next few days will be "kitchen possible".



Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts