My Favorite Things

My kitchen is my playground, my woman cave, my den and the one room in the house that I love to be in. After a brief walk in this refreshing air, writing in my grateful journal and doing some light housekeeping, I decided to take some pictures of things in my home that give me great pleasure. I would like to share these with you.

The measuring spoon set my nieces gave me for my "double nickles" birthday.
My "double nickles" as my brother in law Dave coined was a special birthday where my sister Deb and her husband Dave (who I consider a brother) treated us to a wonderful brunch at Water's Edge.That was almost three years ago. These are from the Paula Deen collection and they are really beautiful.

A picture I purchased at Home Goods.
 I simply love this wallpaper and could live with it forever on the walls of my kitchen. Partly why I took this photograph this was to have it so that if I ever needed to track it down for any reason....maybe someone could help me find it again.

Continuing the pear theme....

The basket holds some artificial pears that again I purchased at Home Goods as well as the back ground print. My daughter Jen gave the me a gift certificate to a wonderful small shop that used to be open in my home town. When I spotted these pears I was thrilled.

Antique Collection
Not exactly sure, but I think I purchased these eons ago in an antique shop in Vermont. We had been invited to spend a long weekend at my husbands cousins log cabin in Vermont along with other members of the Anderson clan. One of our excursions included antiquing. Want to do more of that someday soon.

The Bistro Table
This table and chair set was purchased when I owned my restaurant "Deep River Provisions". It was placed outside during the warmer months for people to enjoy their lunch. When we closed up shop the set was on our front porch that I nick named the "Lido Deck". After a couple of major operations we did not use the front porch much.
Now the set is indoors and we use this as our nightly supper table - all of the children have left the nest so we are down to just us. I placed it near the window so I could watch the birds and the squirrels romp and play.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts