- 1 large can of tomatoes with added puree
- 1 large can of tomato sauce (or your own garden fresh)
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, finely diced.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh chopped garlic or granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp. Parsley
- 11/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. Basil
- Sugar (if tomatoes are too acidic)
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
BASIC SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE:My husband is the gardener of the family. It is his way of relaxing and thank goodness he loves it. From the bounty of tomatoes we make our own tomato sauce and we jar up tomato segments. It lasts all winter and into the Spring months and every time I make spaghetti sauce we use our own as the base. I think if you are pressed for time this is the quickest way to create a homemade sauce: