- Add in chunks of celery (peel some of the rib off ), carrot and onion.
- Add salt and pepper and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain the stock with a slotted spoon or spider.
- Pick off the turkey meat from the bones and discard the bones.
- Add any left over gravy to the stock.
- Put the celery, onion and carrots back into the stock. Using a hand held blender, blend in the vegetables.
- Adjust for salt and pepper.
- Next add in granulated garlic, dried parsley flakes, onion powder and poultry seasoning to taste.
- Add more diced turkey meat from the breast along with peeled carrots that have been sliced.
- Additional celery and onion that you have diced can also be added in.
- Cook and simmer for about an hour.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
This is the beginning of making the stock for some turkey soup.