I am craving milk which is a good thing (my body tells me when I need milk - good ole Vitamin D). So what goes better with milk than cookies? I might end up having more cookies than milk but at least I'll give my body what it is craving and the sweet tooth will also be satisfied.
Sift these ingredients together and keep in a bowl until needed:
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup regular granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Last step is to add the following ingredients and mix until they are blended in with the batter:
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 13-15 minutes. They should be nice and golden brown around the edges.