Christmas Cookies - recipes handed down from generation to generation that have adorned your holiday table for years. Perhaps you find a new recipe in your latest cookbook purchase for your cookie swap party or for packing up in cookie tins to give to family and friends.
HERE ARE SOME LINKS TO MY FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES:
I wish I had a photo of these cookies. They are very similar to a chocolate chip cookie but the difference is they have a cake like texture and get a butter glaze on them. They were a childhood favorite.
Christmas Wreath Cookies
Again, no photo yet. We made these with our Mother growing up and another childhood favorite.
Flour, Sugar and vanilla based cookies, rolled in egg white,
then crushed nuts and filled with jam or jelly.
Cake Cookie Recipes
You can literally make cookies from any cake box mix. Add your own spin with ingredients.
Simple, easy and extremely inexpensive cookies. One box of mix makes a lot of cookies!
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (8 oz.) unsalted butter – cold cut into pieces
- Jam – any flavor
- In a food processor – combine the flour, granulated sugar – pulse together.
- Add in the cold butter next and pulse until crumbly.
- Add in the egg yolks and vanilla and pulse or process until the yolks fully incorporate and mixture pulls away from the sides.
- Turn dough out on plastic wrap. Press together and chill for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from frig. Form dough into ¾ inch balls and flatten and put a thumbprint in center of cookie.
- Fill each one with jam and bake.
Preheat oven 350 degrees – bake until golden 15-20 minutes until edges are golden.