Here is another quick, easy and inexpensive cake box cookie. For an added touch to these cookies you could melt some white chips and drizzle over the tops of the cookies.
- 1 box cake mix - dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans - finely minced
- 1 cup white raw coconut
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment and spray with cooking spray or use shortening. The parchment paper is not necessary other than it really helps with clean up.
- In a bowl combine with a large spoon the cake mix, the eggs and the oil until the mixture is all blended.
- Add in the pecans and coconut and fold in with a spatula. The batter will be super stiff.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch metal scoop (like an ice cream scoop) or roll with your hands a ball the size of a walnut. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven approximately 10-15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. This made 28 cookies.