Here is a recipe for a great sauce for pork ribs. I take my ribs, wrap them in foil and slow cook on a cookie sheet for about 4 hours in a 225 degree oven.
When finished, I baste them and fire up the grill and cook for just a couple of minutes on each side. You could also do this in an oven at about 325 degrees until the sauce adheres nicely to the ribs.
Be sure to baste both sides.
- 2 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 small red onion diced small
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. worcestershire
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- In a sauce pot add the olive oil and over medium heat cook the red onion until softened.
- Add the remainder of ingredients and stir.
- Simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes and allow to cool.
- Sauce should thicken as it cools.
- Reserve some in a dish for basting and refrigerate the rest. Sauce should be good for 2 weeks - maybe longer.