Glazed Ham Steak and Eggs

So after doing a mediocre grocery shopping I had two ideas for dinner. One and the first was a pan seared cod dish. The second, plan B was a glazed ham steak with eggs. Plan B evolved into a simple, yet tasty supper.

One of the things I usually have on hand now is either a jar of Apricot or Peach preserves. So the glaze for the nice ham steak I bought (which was on sale and really inexpensive) was cooked and glazed with Apricot preserves. The steak was large enough for four nice sized portions.
The only thing I did was to melt butter in the frying pan over moderately high heat and put the ham in. I let it cook and brown on one side for about 4 minutes and flipped it over.
To that I added about 2 tbsp. of apricot preserve and spread it over the ham. Flipped the ham over and glazed the second side in the same manner.



I scrambled up some eggs and dinner was complete.

















QUICK, EASY, INEXPENSIVE SUPPER FOR 2 or 4
Add some nice fruit slices to round out this meal.
Peaches, Oranges, Apricots or Melon. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts