Natural Anti Inflammatories

One of the things that I am doing on my food blog site is trying to reach out and teach. I have been through so much medical drama in the last six years and it certainly made my life so drastically different. Unfortunately some of what has happened in my body was not something I could have prevented. A doctor's visit and a blood test helped me discover I have low thyroid. The medication I am taking has made such a difference for me. As a friend recently said, "Oh my God, it's like you came back from the dead! You look fabulous."
Something else that I share with millions of people is arthritis and bursitis. Hence, I am going to give you a list of healthy food choices that will not only aid in anti-inflammation but will also boost your immune system and help you if you have heart problems. Some of the foods on this list are high in anti-oxidants which our bodies need as well as a good source of Vitamin B12.
I hope you find this useful and will begin your journey to health along with me.
  • Kelp
  • Turmeric
  • Wild Salmon
  • Shiitake Mushrooms
  • Green Tea
  • Papaya
  • Blueberries
  • EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Broccoli
  • Sweet Potato

I have never had Kelp so I could not tell you how to incorporate it in your diet.
Turmeric is a wonderful spice and I like using it to flavor rice and other dishes.
If you already love Salmon then you are set. Simple preparations of this fish are usually the best.
Shiitake Mushrooms are wonderful to cook with. I like the blend of shiitake, porcini and oyster mushrooms. They make a wonderful addition to a stir fry and for making a mushroom duxelle.
Green Tea - many people love it but I really have never tried it.
I do like Papaya but it's not generally an inexpensive fruit.
Blueberries are wonderful and they can be incorporated into pancakes and waffles, muffins and all kinds of desserts. They are wonderful in cereal, on their own or in a smoothie.
EVOO - the king of olive oil and you can use it in cooking, dressings and as a finisher to a dish.
Broccoli - we eat it often and I have some wonderful recipes for it here on my blog site.
Sweet Potato - a great substitute for white potato and can be prepared in so many ways.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts