It has been decided that we will go back to just having nibbles.
Aside from the onion dip and chips I thought I might make a cream cheese spread to go with some buttery crackers.
Having a bar of cream cheese in the refrigerator and armed with an ample supply of spices I came up with this easy (and yes almost cheesy) recipe. It is so simple and very very cheap to make. Since the cream cheese is sweet I figured that it needed some heat to counter balance the sweet.
- 1 - 8 oz. bar cream cheese
- 4 tsp. milk or half and half
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- Bring the cream cheese out of the refrigerator and place it in a bowl and allow it to come to room temperature. (soften)
- To the softened cream cheese add all of the spices and the hot sauce.
- Mix with a hand held mixer until smooth and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until use.