With the left over carrots that were available and some kielbasa we had I decided to throw together a lentil soup. So if you were left with a lot of lentils from the dish, please follow my lead.
I am thinking I was quite creative and savvy in my use of the left overs.
Here is all that I did:
- Cooked Lentils
- Cooked Carrots
- Chicken Broth - 1 3/4 cups
- Dried Oregano - a few pinches
- Granulated garlic - about 1/4 tsp. or so
- Kielbasa - sliced
- In a sauce pot add the already cooked lentils and any left over carrots from the Chicken and Lentil Stew .
- To that add in the chicken broth, dried oregano and granulated garlic.
- Allow this to cook for about 40 minutes or so and then add in your kielbasa as much as you want.
- Let this all cook for about 20 minutes or so for the flavors to blend.