Good Cook, Bad Cook

The Food Network chefs Anne Burrell and Bobby Flay are in season two of their show, "The Worst Cooks In America." It premiered last night and this year they gave a glimpse into the candidates that applied to be on the show. From large cities in the United States contestants came by the thousands.
It's hard for me to fathom that so many people REALLY do not have any clue in the kitchen. Maybe this attitude stems from knowing that since I was a small child I was always curious about what was going on in the kitchen and learned about cooking by simply watching. And there were times I got some hands on experience.
I wonder if being pre occupied with other things growing up and not paying attention, led these folks to not have any clue how to do anything in the kitchen. For the most part I found the show entertaining to watch - especially one fellow who was shown how to cut an onion and he used 7 onions before he finally got some onion diced the way Chef Burrell wanted him to do it.
All of this makes me wonder how many people out there appreciate how my blog is set up. Providing photos and a list of instructions that sometimes seem too detailed, offending those who know how to cook and wondering if it's enough for those who don't have a clue.
Why don't you tell me?

Comments

  1. Hey Patty. I sometimes make the mistake of assuming my readers have the same skill level as I do... which isn't that high, but I do understand the basics of food preparation and cooking. I think your blog does a great job in explaining and demonstrating some of the things people like me take for granted - like how to make a roux. Thank goodness there are people like you out there to talk us through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    I appreciate your comments. Your incredible photographs do so much explaining on your blog and yes, your skill level appears quite high. Happy Cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts