Healing Herbs and Spices

I found this interesting site on Facebook, Raw For Beauty and grabbed this herb and spice chart. Lately I find that my curiosity about food is growing. Wanting to know where it comes from and how to get it, what health benefits are in it and how to use it in cooking: whatever "it" happens to be. So when I stumbled upon this chart I just had to share it with all of you. I have heard of some of these "cures" or "remedies" before but can not attest as to whether they are true or not.
I do cook with many of these either in its' fresh form or dried. In fact we grow sage (which comes back yearly) and rosemary and basil and parsley (not listed here) in our herb garden. There is nothing like cooking with fresh home grown herbs or using dried spices in long cooking dishes. Love it.

TO YOUR HEALTH:


Comments

  1. I believe it!! I have an herb garden and use mostly herbs to season our food...yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts