With some basic everyday ingredients from your spice cabinet and refrigerator this is so easy to throw together.
And, it sure tastes a thousand times better than croutons from a box. From start to finish you are looking at about 20 minutes to make them. You'll need a serrated bread knife and a baking sheet lined with foil for easy clean up.
- day old bread cut into cubes (about 2 cups or so)
- one big handful (or about 3-4 tbsp.) of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley flakes (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. finely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Ah, these were so good on my salad last night that I kept snacking on them throughout the evening. Admittedly there are very few left.