I must admit this is not my original idea. When I spotted this I immediately felt it was very clever. Two things that kids and adults love are brownies and chocolate chip cookies, right? So by combining the two you would get the best of both worlds. The idea I spotted used both a boxed brownie mix and chocolate chip cookie mix. Simple and inexpensive and easy.
It's suggested that you put the brownie mix in each compartment of a muffin tin - looked like they put in batter about 1/4 the way up then added a scoop of cookie mix. Further suggested was to bake them according to box directions but start to check halfway through so the brownies stay moist. However, the cookie dough needs to bake thoroughly.
What's the harm in trying?
- 1 box dark brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker - on sale)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 water
- Make the brownie batter according to the box directions.
- Fill each muffin tin with a paper or foil liner and add the brownie batter.
- Slice the cookie dough about 1/4 inch or so and place on top of the brownie mix.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 45 minutes until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.