- 1 cup pecans - finely chopped
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- About 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- In a food processor, finely grind the pecans using short pulses. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter on high speed until fluffy and pale yellow. Add the granulated sugar and continue beating until combined. Reduce the speed to low. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until blended.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon and salt into another bowl. Add the ground pecans and stir to blend. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed or stir with a wooden spoon until blended. The dough should be soft. Turn the dough out onto a work surface, mold together and flatten into an oblong disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish (approximately 7 x 10) or line with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it in your baking dish. With parchment paper over the top, press the dough into the dish as evenly as possible.
- Refrigerate the dish for about 10 minutes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes and make slices with a sharp knife.
- Allow the bars to COMPLETELY cool before you attempt to remove them.