There are approximately 8 servings to a whole box of pasta. Half the box would probably give you a decent portion for a side dish, however if your family is large - go the whole box.
- 1/2 lb. box of Elbow Macaroni - cooked to manufacturer's directions
Basic Alfredo Sauce Recipe:
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- ⅛ Tsp. grated Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp. White Pepper
- In a sauce pot over medium to medium low heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the heavy cream and warm to a low simmer (just until the outer edges start to bubble).
- Next whisk in the Parmesan Cheese, Nutmeg and White Pepper until incorporated and keep stirring until the sauce thickens slightly. If you dip a spoon in and it coats the back of the spoon, the sauce is ready.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and blend well. Sprinkle with fresh minced parsley or dried.