And if you watch a ton of cooking shows and cooking competitions as I do, you know that you have to always be ready for the culinary curve ball even though the Chairman of Kitchen Stadium does not live at your house.
What would you do if you intended to make a breaded pork cutlet and found out you had bread crumbs but no eggs for the binder? Time is short, money is short and you simply are not going to make another trip to the grocery store.
Apples and mustard go with pork - I'm telling you they do. Hence the binder becomes: Dijon mustard and apple sauce mixed.
- 3 tbsp. apple sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Mix the two ingredients in a bowl large. Taste and adjust if you want more mustard or perhaps a little more apple sauce.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the cutlets (or chops).
- Dredge the pork cutlets or brush the mixture on.
- Finally dredge in the bread crumbs.
- Fry over medium high heat in butter or olive oil until golden brown, turning the heat down as necessary.