Beer Can Chicken

On Friday I posted up a video on how to do Beer Can Chicken. Then yesterday I decided to make it for a lovely summer dinner. I served it with my home made Red Potato Salad and fresh Corn on the Cob. Very delicious.


  • 4 1/2 pound whole chicken
  • 1 can beer (3/4 filled)
The rub was just enough for the whole chicken. I sprinkled it inside and outside. The chicken cooked on a sheet pan lined with foil over the coals. It grilled for about 1 hour and 20 minutes until it reached an internal temperature of 160°.  I let it rest on the can for 10 minutes which brought the bird up to the 165° which is the safe temperature for poultry.
The rub was made from spices that most everyone has in their cabinet and made just enough to rub all over the bird and as I said earlier, some for the inside.
  • 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
  • 1 tbsp. onion powder
  • 2 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. coarse ground pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
Simply mix all the spices in a small bowl until well combined. Sprinkle some inside the cavity of the bird and rub the rest all over.

This is the result. A beautiful and evenly browned bird.


Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts