Beer Can Grilled Chicken Video


By now I think a great many of you have heard of beer can chicken. But, have you tried it? We've done it a few times in the past and trust me it is very, very good. I must admit the first time we tried it all I could think of was, "I hate the taste of beer" and if this chicken comes out tasting like beer I won't eat it. It did not taste like beer at all.
Simply the beer acts a moisturizer for the chicken while it is roasting on the grill. The steam from the beer helps to keep the meat moist and juicy. Flavoring comes from the spice rub you put on it. The Neely's are featured in this video and they do give the recipe for their version of a spice rub. You can be as creative as you want and make your own rub; or perhaps you've seen one here on Cooking On A Budget that you like and will use that.
Use any kind of canned beer you like. You do have to drink a little from the top so the can is about 3/4 or so full. I trust that some of you won't mind.
I just picked up a whole 4 lb. plus chicken for $4.32 at the store and will be making this chicken this weekend. I figure it should be enough for four portions. Throw in an inexpensive summer pasta dish (diced red bell pepper, onions, celery, spices and mayonnaise on the side for about $490. Our total dinner cost: $9.22. Per person: $2.30 each.





Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts